January 30, 2022
Better You: Vegan Lasagne Recipe - gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free
- 9 X 13 pan with olive oil
- 2 Medium Eggplant, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- ½ medium cooking onion
- 1 medium grated organic zucchini
- Extra-virgin olive oil & butter (skip butter if vegan)
- ½ pound or 2 patties of Beyond Beef
- 1 jar Tomato Basil Organic Marinara Sauce (Trader Giotto’s)
- 1 can of great northern white beans-organic
- Tahini & Nutritional Yeast
- 1 lemon
- 10 cloves of garlic
For the dairy-free ricotta you’ll just need can of white bean, tahini, lemon, garlic, nutritional yeast, and salt.
prep time: 45
cook time: 30
total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Ingredients: EGGPLANT lAYERS
- 2 medium eggplants sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Creole salt- light sprinkle on one side
Ingredients: Marinara Sauce
- ½ pound Beyond Beef (soy-free), or other ground meat if preferred
- ½ medium onion rough chopped
- 1 jar Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce-Organic Trader Giotto’s
- Pinch of crushed pepper flakes
Ingredients: dairy free ricotta
- 1 can great northern white beans
- 3 T tahini
- 10 garlic cloves (roasted in butter and olive oil in microwave)
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest of whole lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or less
- Pre-heat oven to 400f degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice eggplant in ¼ inch slices and lightly season with Creole salt on the baking sheet. Bake in a single layer (slices can touch each other a bit for more room) and roast for approx. 30 mins. until cooked and golden, flipping half-way.
- Meanwhile, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and onions to a large skillet and heat over medium. Add Beyond Beef breaking up with a wooden spoon until slightly browned on all sides. Add the jar of marinara sauce, pinch of crushed pepper flakes and fresh ground pepper and heat through and turn off.
Dairy-free Ricotta (nut-free)
- In a food processor or blender, add one can of drained beans, tahini, roasted garlic, lemon juice, zest, nutritional yeast and salt. Mixture will be thick and heavy.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with olive oil. Layer half of eggplant in pan, covering the bottom entirely. Spread half of tomato/meat mixture over eggplant in an even deep layer. Scatter a few dollops of ricotta. Repeat with a layer of eggplant, a layer of shredded zucchini, and an entire layer of ricotta. Final layer is the tomato/Beyond Beef mixutre
- Bake lasagna at 375-400 degrees on a middle rack in the oven until bubbling about 30–45 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.
Note: Impossible Burger (has soy)
Credit to Chef Anne for this culinary delight!